Managed Software Center
Managed Software Center is the newly evolved version of Managed Software Update. The new user-friendly interface will provide an easy to use method to install managed application on OS X systems.
- College level App Store like interface including icons and descriptions
- Does not require a system logout or reboot unless prompted.
- Applications begin installation immediately after clicking “Install” vs. selecting all applications from a list
- News feed that will be updated by CETC to provide the latest on outages, software releases and general information
- Quick links to College of Education resources such as the COE website and the CETC Help Desk
- Categories that allow sorting of applications
- “My Items” tab which shows currently installed applications
With the deployment of Managed Software Center the application will be easily accessible via the first icon after the Finder icon on the OS X dock. This service will create a central hub for managed software in the College and assistance from CETC.
Updating to Managed Software Center
To update to Managed Software Center just run Managed Software Update or wait for your OS X system to check in as you will then be prompted to update. This update does require a restart of the system so please be sure to save your work before performing the update.