OS X Yosemite Availability
The Carrara Education Technology Center would like to announce availability of OS X Yosemite. To begin the process of installing OS X Yosemite please submit a ticket to the EDUC Help Desk. Once submitted, the download for OS X Yosemite will be available through Managed Software Center. CETC has vetted 10.10 for support with essential university and college services.
Please take note that the following models are compatible with OS X Yosemite:
- iMac (Mid 2007 or later)
- MacBook (Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later), (15-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later), (17-inch, Late 2007 or later)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
- Mac Mini (Early 2009 or later)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
Before you begin the upgrade process please follow these guidelines:
- Verify you have a current backup of all important documents and settings
- Set aside at least an hour to perform the upgrade as your system WILL NOT be usable during the process
- Verify all installed software is compatible with OS X Yosemite (10.10)
- Connect to a power source and plug in a network cable (if possible)
If you require assistance with the upgrade please update your ticket with the best time to bring your machine by the CETC office.