- Lecture to focus on identity, higher ed and social activism
- The Center for Education and Civil Rights presents Susana Muñoz, assistant professor of higher education at Colorado State University, who will speak on “Undocumented and Unafraid: Identity, Higher Education & Social Activism” from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 20, in 112 Chambers Building on the Penn State University Park campus.
- Assistant professor files another amicus brief
- This will be Garces' fourth amicus curiae before the country's highest federal court.
- Financial Aid Programs, Access to Higher Education
- Two College of Education faculty members research how higher education access has changed over the years due to rising costs.
- Racial, Ethnic Diversity on Campus: Considering Legal, Public Policy Developments, Future Implications
- Assistant Professor Liliana Garces provides an overview of how colleges and universities are becoming increasingly more diverse, but legal decisions are making it more difficult for institutions of higher learning to assemble a diverse student body.
- College of Education Online Programs Highly Ranked by Online Resource
- Two of the College of Education’s online master in education programs—Higher Education and Learning, Design, and Technology—delivered through Penn State World Campus, were recently recognized as some of the best online degree programs in the nation by TheBestSchools.org, a leading resource for campus and online education.
- Alumna Ronyelle Ricard Focuses Career on HBCUs
- Alumna Ronyelle Ricard has spent her professional life advancing the cause of historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs).
- Two Faculty Members Evaluating Penn State Pilot Program that Seeks to Increase Diversity in Science, Engineering
- Leticia Oseguera and Jeanine Staples are evaluating the Penn State Millennium Scholars Program, which aims to increase the number of women, students of color, and low-income students in STEM fields.
- Penn State’s Academic Leadership Academy Prepares Higher Education Administrators from India, US
- The Academic Leadership Academy, hosted by the College of Education's Center for the Study of Higher Education, provided practical administrative knowledge and skills to participants from across the U.S. and around the world.
- College of Education Faculty Member Presents TEDx Talk on How Education Positively Impacts the World
- David Baker, professor in the College of Education, presented at a recent TEDx Fulbright event and discussed how education is better than ever before.