Undergraduate Major - Education and Public Policy
Education and Public Policy (EPP) is an interdisciplinary undergraduate major designed for students who are interested in making a difference in education and policy but not necessarily in a classroom setting.
Highlights of the major include:
- Flexibility in curriculum, allowing students to pursue interdisciplinary interests
- Many opportunities to engage with faculty
- The department is populated with discipline-based scholars who study the organization of education in the U.S. and/or internationally.
- Students are encouraged to use the major’s flexibility to create a coursework concentration built on their interests
- Students complete a supervised internship to gain work-related experience that helps focus their career goals and builds professional networks
- EPP offers a study abroad opportunity in Eastern Europe
- The EPP degree prepares students to enter careers in educational organizations, government, public service, non-profits, philanthropy, advocacy and research