Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Learning, Design, and Technology (residential/blended)
About this Program
Complete the Program Online
The Master's degree in Learning, Design, and Technology — Educational Technology is delivered online through the Penn State World Campus. David Popp is the program head of that degree program.
Read more information and degree requirements.
The M.Ed. degree is a practitioner's degree. It is a more appropriate option for those who plan careers as instructional designers and technologists. Upon completion of the Master of Education Program, the graduate will be able to:
- discuss learning processes and implications for the development of effective instruction,
- conduct comprehensive needs assessments identifying important learner, environmental, and task characteristics,
- develop effective instructional materials for a variety of learning tasks, student characteristics, and learning environments,
- evaluate the effectiveness of educational materials,
- apply these skills to corporate in school environments.
Course/Program Requirements for Master’s of Education Degree
M.S. Program of Study download a copy of our course requirements for the master’s degree.
Contact the Program Coordinator
Professor In Charge, Professor of Learning, Design and Technology
310C Keller Building
University Park, PA 16802
How to Apply
Learn how to apply to the Master of Education in Learning, Design, and Technology.
Meet our Faculty
View staff and faculty members connected with the Learning, Design and Technology Department.
Meet Recent Graduates
The Penn State Learning, Design, and Technology Program is very proud of its alumni. Get to know our recent graduates.