How to Register for Courses - Degree or Non-Degree
After you select the courses in which you wish to enroll, you must register for the course by no later than one week after the first class meeting.
Note: "Late registration” is accepted after the registration deadline, but an extra fee is assessed by the Penn State Bursar.
The registration procedure you must follow depends on your enrollment status, whether you were registered for classes last semester, and the campus at which you are enrolled.
WF ED Students
(Applied and were accepted to both the Graduate School and the WF ED Program as WF ED graduate students)
If you took a Penn State course during the previous semester, register on-line via e-Lion (click on “Students” in the left column of the e-Lion page). Follow the directions to register. Expect a tuition bill in your PSU.EDU e-mail. If you did not enroll in a Penn State course during the previous semester, you must:
- Complete a Resume Study Form.
- Fax the completed form to the Graduate School at 814.863.4627 and to the Workforce Education and Development program office at 814.863.7532.
- Call (814)863-2596 to register for courses.
Non-Degree Graduate Students
(Have not been accepted to the Graduate School and the WF ED Program
If you have never registered at Penn State as a graduate student, you must enroll with the Graduate School as a “Non-Degree Graduate Student:”
- Head over to the GRAD School website, and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Register on-line via e-Lion (click on “Students” in the left column of the e-Lion page). Follow the directions to register.
Students at campuses other than University Park
(Registered at a different Penn State campus)
If you are a graduate student enrolled at a Penn State campus other than the University Park Campus, contact the Enrollment Services Office, 814.863.1921, for a “Change of Location” to process your registration. Then register on e-Lion. Note: Your registration is not complete until you pay your University bill and you confirm your registration through your e-Lion account.