Some Quick Answers to Scholarship Questions
By David Price
More students than ever before are applying for financial aid, and thanks to the generosity and foresight of donors to the College of Education, there are many scholarships available through the College.
All College of Education students are encouraged to apply for scholarships.
The window of opportunity for students to apply for scholarships is open again, and there are a few basics that could help you answer many of the questions that you might get:
- To be considered for a scholarship, students must apply online through the College's Web site.
- The deadline to apply for a College of Education scholarship for the fall, spring, and summer semesters of the 2010–11 school year is 11:59 p.m. on March 1, 2010.
- To be considered for a College of Education scholarship, the student must be enrolled or planning to enroll in the College at University Park.
- It is highly recommended that all students—graduate and undergraduate—complete a statement of financial need (a FAFSA).
- Graduate students must submit a CV as part of the application process.
Complete instructions for the entire process, as well as a list of available scholarships, are on the College's Web site under "financial aid." Here is a direct link to the main scholarship page: http://www.ed.psu.edu/educ/current-students/financial-aid/financial-aid-page
If there are questions about any aspect of the College's scholarship process that you feel uncomfortable answering, please drop us a line—or have the student contact us—at email@example.com.