Workshops, Demonstrations, and Lectures
The Center staff customize workshops, demonstrations, and lectures to satisfy evaluation development needs and interests. Potential topics include:
- Evaluation strategy review.
- Use and interpretation of education data (achievement growth calculation, achievement gap assessment, comparison of performance across schools and over time, etc.).
- Examination of myths and realities about education.
- Research on principal effectiveness and turnover.
- Consideration of research on teacher effectiveness and turnover.
- Study of teacher and principal working conditions.
- Evaluation project management.
- Survey design strategies.
- Evaluation data analysis strategies.
Members of the staff have provided instruction in a variety of educational settings including public and private PK-12 education, higher education, informal and formal settings, businesses, government agencies, and non-profit organizations.