Helpful Links for Current Students
Use these academic plans in conjunction with your academic advisor to keep track of what requirements have been met towards your degree program.
Suggested Course Lists & Other Links:
All Teacher Preparation Programs
Education & Public Policy
Rehabilitation & Human Services
- Work Experience Hours (40 hours)
- Work Experience Hours (80 hours)
- Special Education Minor information
- 4+1 Masters in Special Education
- Integrated Undergraduate-Graduate degree: Special Ed & Curriculum & Instruction (IUG)
- SPLED website: https://sites.psu.edu/spledatpsu/
Clearances are required for your field experiences, student teaching and may be required for some internships.
Entrance to Major Testing
Undergraduate students in all teacher certification programs must successfully complete arequired by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
may be used as alternatives to the PAPA or CORE exams.
For more detailed information, speak with your advisor, or visit this PDE Certification Testing page.
To qualify for for a certificate in Pennsylvania, a student must also meet all testing requirements established by the State Board of Education.