How to Apply (Principal Certification)
For admission to the Graduate School, an applicant must hold either (1) a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or (2) a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates. Applicants must have at least three years of relevant professional experience in an educational setting that is related to the instructional process, and hold a PDE–issued state certification.
English Proficiency — The language of instruction at Penn State is English. All international applicants must take and submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS), with some exceptions. Minimum test scores and exceptions are found in the English Proficiency section on the Graduate School "How to Apply" page.
The specific requirements for each course will be outlined in its syllabus, along with the grading policy and other information.
How to Apply
To apply to this program, you must complete the graduate school application.
- Review the Requirements for Graduate School Admissions
- Begin the Graduate School application
- Choose "Login with Existing Account" or "Create a New Account"
- Start a new application
- Choose "Certificate Admission"
- When you get to the "Campus, Certificate, and Semester" page:
- Choose "WORLD CAMPUS" as the campus
- Choose "PRINCIPALSHIP" as the certificate
- Choose the semester you would like to start