How to Apply
NOTE APPLICATION DEADLINES
Fall Admissions: June 15
Spring Admissions: October 15
Summer Admissions: February 15
Students applying for admission to the Institutional Research Certificate Program must electronically submit all application materials to the Graduate School at Penn State. The Graduate School confirms eligibility for admission of all applicants. The Institutional Research Certificate Program will select and recommend applicants for offers of admission.
Applying to the Graduate School
Complete the Admission Application to The Graduate School.
- If you are ready to proceed to the application but have NOT read the Graduate School requirements, please visit that website at http://www.gradschool.psu.edu/prospective-students/how-to-apply/requirements-for-graduate-admission/.
- If you have read the Graduate School and program requirements and are ready to apply, you may proceed to the application at http://www.gradschool.psu.edu/apply/.
As part of The Graduate School application, you will be asked to upload/supply the following documents/information:
- One letter of recommendation: You will be asked to submit the name and email address of your referent. The referent will be sent an email message directing them to the appropriate site to upload their letter of recommendation. You will be notified via email when the reference letter is submitted, but you will not be able to view the letter;
- A copy of official transcripts from the institution awarding your highest degree
After the required documents are received, the IR Certificate faculty committee will review the application, make a decision and send a letter to the applicant. The committee will then assign a faculty adviser and will send the student an Advisement Form to complete. Once admitted into the program, please follow the directions on the registration page to register for courses. More information can be found on the World Campus page, or you can contact us at IRcertificate@psu.edu.
International Applicants Only:
- Official TOEFL score report, if applicable.
- Applicants should contact the University Office of Global Programs to learn about requirements for VISAs, registration, etc.