Joint and Dual Degrees

Joint Degree Program between Penn State Law (J.D.) and the Higher Education Program (M.Ed., D.Ed., Ph.D.)

Student speaking in classPenn State Law (PSL) and the Higher Education (HI ED) Program are offering a joint degree program leading to a Juris Doctor (J.D.); and a Master of Education (M.Ed.), a Doctor of Education (D.Ed.), or a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Higher Education.

Dual-Title Graduate Degree Program in Comparative and International Education

The Comparative and International Education (CIED) dual-title degree program is administered by the faculty members of CIED. The faculty maintain the curriculum, identify courses appropriate for the option, and develop and recommend policy and procedures. Members of the faculty also serve on the doctoral committees of students who elect the dual-title doctoral degree. The option enables students from different graduate programs to learn the perspectives, techniques, and methodologies of comparative and international education, while maintaining a close association with their program areas of application.

To qualify for a dual-title degree, students must satisfy the requirements of the graduate major programs in which they are enrolled. For more information, please contact Dr. Karly Ford.