Events Scheduled for Arts in Education Initiative
by Joe Savrock (September 2009)
Faculty, staff, and students in the Penn State College of Education are invited to sign up to win tickets to select performances from the Center for the Performing Arts at Penn State as part of the College’s annual Arts in Education program.
Now in its 10th year, the Arts in Education initiative provides College of Education students, faculty, and staff members with valuable shared experiences that increase our collective knowledge about and appreciation for the arts. The program was developed by the Student Advisory Forum and is based on the premise that all educators need to be in touch with the arts.
College community members can enter a lottery to win tickets to the following artistic performances:
Emerson String Quartet
Martha Graham Dance Company
Sweet Honey in the Rock
Monterey Jazz Festival on Tour
Featuring Kenny Barron Trio, Regina Carter, Kurt Elling, and Russell Malone
The Africa Project
Collaborations with Amazing African Musicians
How to win tickets:
1. Several weeks before each arts event, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to participate in the lottery.
2. To enter the lottery, visit the Arts in Education group in ANGEL
- Go to cms.psu.edu
- Log in with your Penn State Access Account ID and password.
- Under “My Group,” select Find a Group.
- Type “Arts in Education” in the keyword search box and search.
- Select College of Education: Arts in Education from the search results and complete the questionnaire.
3. Winners will be notified by e-mail.
4. Winning tickets may be picked up in 247 Chambers Building.
5. Enjoy the show!
To learn more about each production, visit the Center for Performing Arts Web site.