Alumni Society Board announces new president, membership
The College of Education Alumni Society Board has announced its new membership. Tonnie DeVecchis-Kerr, ’79, ‘92g, is the incoming president. DeVecchis-Kerr has served on the Alumni Society Board since 2009. She recently retired as superintendent of the Moshannon Valley School District. She and her husband, Bill, live in Mount Union, Pennsylvania. She is a life member of the Penn State Alumni Association.
Three alumni were elected to the College of Education Alumni Society Board.
- Roseilyn Guzman, ’13, ‘15g, works as an area coordinator for the Office of Student Life at Amherst College in Massachusetts. She received her B.S. in education and public policy and her master’s degree in higher education from Penn State.
- Henry Laboranti, ’10, works as an enrollment specialist, recruiter and instructor at Lackawanna College. He received his B.S. in secondary education and received the College of Education Outstanding New Graduate Award in 2013.
- Jeannene Willow, ’00, works as a gifted support teacher in the Millcreek Township School District. She received her B.S. in secondary education.
The following alumni are leaving the board following the completion of their elected term.
- Patricia Best, ‘89g, retired as superintendent from the State College Area School District in 2009. She has served on the College of Education Alumni Society Board since 2002 and served as president from 2012-2014. She was recognized in 1997 with the College of Education Leadership and Service award.
- Erica Greer, ’04, is principal of the Pleasant Valley Elementary School in the Pleasant Valley School District. She has served in the board since 2010 and was the secretary for the board.
- Christine Merritt, ’90, is an English teacher and English coordinator in the State College Area School District. She has served on the board since 2013 and received the College of Education Outstanding Teaching Award in 2012.
- Michael Meyer, ‘99g, is the owner of Emerald Owl Production in Emerald Isle, North Carolina. Michael has served on the board since 2013 and was the recipient of the College of Education Leadership and Service award in 2012.