The College of Education occupies space in four buildings on the University Park campus; Chambers, Cedar, Keller, and Rackley.

The College of Education’s facilities is maintained by the Office of Physical Plant (OPP). All facility issues which occur during regular operating hours should be directly reported to the College’s Facilities Coordinator. If there is an urgent facility issue after 5:00 PM or on the weekends, please call the OPP Work Reception Center at 814-865-4731. The center is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

If a threat is made to the building or an individual, please dial 911 immediately. If you seek guidance from police services, you can reach them at 814-863-1111.  

College of Education Facility Requests

To request access please fill out the Facility Access Authorization Request portion of the College of Education's Operations Form.


Before requesting building access please review AD68 University Access Policy -


This form is to be completed by employees, students, and visiting scholars and any person(s) seeking room or building access outside of normal operating hours. If you are having trouble with the form, or you are a new employee please work with your supervisor or lead staff member in your unit for assistance. 

All requests must be reviewed and approved by college operations and your immediate supervisor. Submitting this form will start the approval process. You will be notified once your request has been approved and we will be in touch regarding the distribution of keys and swipe card access. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Operations Office with the subject line Building Access - [email protected]


Please fill out the Facility Access Authorization section of the Operations Request Form


As a reminder, we charge a $20.00 fee for Lost/Stolen keys.


Access Distribution Policy

The purpose of this policy is to detail the process by which individuals needing access to the College of Education facilities may obtain keys and/or card swipe access. The College of Education, is unique in that all key distribution and card swipe access is handled by one central office located in 228 Chambers Building. This office handles all keys, card swipe access, and parking permit distribution.

Key Audits

Annually, the College will prepare reports to each of the units detailing which individuals are assigned keys to that unit's spaces. It is the responsibility of the Lead Administrative Coordinator to determine if a student has graduated or if faculty/staff have left either the unit or the University. If a key holder is no longer affiliated with that department, the Facility Coordinator with the assistance of the Lead Administrative Coordinator will attempt to recover the key(s).

Lost/Stolen Keys

The key holder and/or the Lead Administrative Coordinator will immediately report any lost key(s) to the Facility Coordinator. The Lead Administrative Coordinator, Facility Coordinator, and University Police will assess the vulnerability of area(s) accessed by the lost or unaccounted-for key, and determine whether the area(s) need new cores installed. When a key is determined to be "unrecoverable", the Facility Coordinator will prepare a new key request for the key holder. At that time, the Department will be advised of any replacement fee (and, when applicable, the recoring fee) that will be due.

Key Return

Once an individual determines that they no longer need a particular key, that individual (faculty, staff or student) terminates employment with the College, or a student graduates and/or leaves a program any keys that they were issued must be returned to the Operations Department. These keys must not be left in a particular office or returned to an individual's supervisor or adviser. Failure to return keys may result in a charge to an individual's unit for recoring of a facility or office. At the time of key return, any card access granted will be removed at that time as well.

Swipe-Card Access

As technology and security measures improve, more spaces across the Penn State University campus are transitioning from traditional key access to swipe card access. Card readers can be installed to gain access to a building entrance or a room entrance depending on the application. At University Park, access to these card readers can easily be added to your Penn State id+ Card. If you need access to a space controlled by swipe card access, simply email your departmental Lead Administrative Coordinator with your name and 9-digit PSU ID number as well as the area you need to access and they will coordinate with the Facility Coordinator to grant access. This request takes no more than 24-48 hours to process.

Access and Security Representatives (ASR)

An Access and Security Representative (ASR) enforces all University policies and guidelines pertinent to the use of University computerized data assets. He/she acts as the liaison between a specific work unit and the AIS Security Office. Whenever problems, questions, or issues must be brought to the attention of the Administrative Information Services (AIS) Security Office, the ASR becomes involved. The ASR would also become involved during investigations of security violations and other security issues.

The Lead Administrative Coordinator will work with the ASR to complete these requests. 

College of Education Conference rooms:

View a list of conference rooms. 


To reserve a conference room please fill out the "Reserve a College of Education Conference Room" section of the Operations Request Form


Please email [email protected] for conference room reservation questions or concerns.

College of Education Classroom Reservations in 25Live: 

Penn State uses a comprehensive scheduling system, 25Live by CollegeNET, for courses, meetings, events, and calendaring. On this site, you will find links to access, information about scheduling events through the system, training resources, and various other related information.

Please log into 25Live for classroom reservations.

Contact 25 Live:

Credit/Course scheduling assistance: [email protected] or 814-865-6357

Event scheduling assistance: [email protected] or 814-865-2250


College of Education Krause Innovation Studio Conference Rooms: 

The Krause Innovation Studio (room 201) has four available conference rooms that can be reserved by Students, Faculty, and Staff. Each room is equipped with a digital display and a Solstice Pod which allows for wireless connection. Reservations for the Krause Conference Rooms can be made two weeks in advance for a maximum duration of three hours. Room reservations cannot be made outside of operating hours. Food and beverage are prohibited in these spaces. 


Krause Innovation Studio Hours of Operation:

Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 10 pm

Friday - 9 am - 5 pm

Sunday: 12 PM - 8 PM

Saturday: Closed 


View Availability and Submit a Reservation Request

College of Education Research Conference Rooms: 

The College has three (3) small conference rooms available to those working on funded research projects. Each room seats six (6) and is equipped with large displays with Solstice Pods and large whiteboards.

View rooms, availability, and make a reservation.

Penn State College of Education Safety Committee Members

Safety Commmitte at the College of Education

Building Non-Emergency Work Order Request 

All Non-emergency building requests and work orders can be submitted by completing the College of Education’s Work Order, and Project Request Form section of the Operations Request Form.


Non-Emergency work orders include routine maintenance work and small projects. Examples include heating and cooling requests, moving office furniture, carpet cleaning, and painting, etc.


If there is an urgent facility issue after 5:00 PM or on the weekends, please call the OPP Work Reception Center at 814-865-4731. The center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Building Emergency Request

All requests deemed urgent should be brought to the attention of the Operations team immediately. You can do so by submitting an email to [email protected] or by calling 814-865-2525.


Examples include locked or unlocked doors, water (dripping and running), smoke or burning smells, spills and clean up, electricity, etc.