Students typically find financial support through assistantships in which they work in teaching or supervision of beginning teachers; these positions include work in the Professional Development School as well as supervising students in field placements in a range of local schools. Other graduate assistants work with individual faculty members as research assistants. Assistantships are awarded separately from offers of admission, but applicants should complete an application for an assistantship at the time of application to the program. 

Financial aid may be available to qualified applicants in the form of teaching and research assistantships or field supervision of teacher education students. This support is merit-based and is made available through the Department of Curriculum & Instruction. Those wishing to be considered for such support should include a letter to the admissions committee indicating this request. 

There are also a variety of fellowships available through the university as described on the website of the Office of Graduate Fellowships and Awards Administration. Please consult this website for information about application requirements and deadlines.

University Awards
General information on loans, grants, and scholarships is available from the Office of Student Aid (314 Shields Building).

College Awards
College of Education Scholarship Application and Instructions

  • Certain scholarships and awards are devoted exclusively to students in the College of Education.The College's Student Aid Advisory Committee routinely identifies students who may be eligible for a number of these awards. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be processed to be eligible for scholarships requiring financial need.

Travel Awards
Support is available to help graduate students to travel to professional conferences to present research. For more information, please contact the program.